I have another card for you today:
The stamped image behind the sentiment is a second generation stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. What I mean by second generation is that I inked up the stamp with ink and pressed this down lightly onto scrap paper, and pressed again onto the card to create a lighter, almost faded image.
Oh my, I so had to share these with you! I just got these new papers and products in and HAD to play with them 🙂
I’ve been mucking around with ‘mixed media’, which is messy and a lot of fun!
The white print was made with a hessian stencil and white dylusions spray. I sprayed the stencil and laid the paper on top, and rolled over it with a brayer, so the impression was left on the paper.
I stamped a stain stamp (which as the name suggests, looks like a stain – like the mark your coffee cup leaves on the table…), and some cogs.
I added some different washi tape to the cards, as well as some metal cog embellishments.
I stamped a clock and cut this out, and spritzed it with slate grey dylusions ink. Then I added metal clock hand embellishments, and attached these with brads.
This white hessian background was done with gesso, but I need more practice at it. I think I prefer the dylusions ink.
Hopefully you will see more mixed media stuff from me! It really is a lot of fun 🙂
Okay, so I have a LOT of paper in my stash, and I decided that I would limit the amount of paper I bought until I used up some of my older stuff. I have had this paper for over 10 years… Hence, you will see a few more cards in upcoming posts with the paper, and likely the same sketch/layout.
The stamp in the middle I coloured in using distress markers before stamping. Distress markers are great this way as even if they dry while you are colouring in the rest, all you have to do is “huff” (breathe like you’re trying to create a steamy cloud when it is very cold), and this will moisten the ink ready for stamping. I love the effect it gives.
So the photo doesn’t do it justice – why I keep taking photos when it is bad light I don’t know! Actually, I think it is because with an infant any chance I get is used quickly… 😉
Again, there is space left for a sentiment to be added when needed. The teal and purple flowers I made using a flower punch and layering the punched pieces together after folding the petals and using a lot of glossy accents. I popped a pearl in the middle of the teal flower.
The fake stitching was achieved using a paper piercer (to create the holes equal distances apart) and a distress marker (fine tip) to join every alternate set of holes. I distressed the edges of the purple fern paper with a pair of scissors as I had lost my distressing tool – improvisation works a treat!
I tried to add embellishments which matched the Garden Party colours, as I knew they worked well together. If I get time (or better yet, if I remember), I will take better photos which will show the pop of colour better).